DALLAS TEXAS PREMISES LIABILITY ATTORNEYS / LAWYERS
A premises liability accident is a claim for personal injuries arising from an accident on the property of another. People and entities that can be liable for premises liability claim include landlords, homeowners, insurance companies, businesses, shopping malls, ATMs, retail establishments, restaurants, bars, office buildings, security businesses, property management companies, and apartments.
To get most value from your premises liability accident claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Report the accident to the business, retail establishment or property owner;
- If injured at work, report the accident to your employer
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to the premises liability accident;
- Take pictures of your the accident scene and your injuries
- If injured, do not delay getting medical treatment and follow doctors orders;
- Document your pain, stress, swelling, and other injuries that cannot be seen
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to an attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to an attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to an attorney
Hiring a Dallas, Texas premises liability accident attorney quickly after your could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a premises liability accident attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your injuries and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the premises liability accident attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses and photographs. Three, the premises liability accident attorney can protect your best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a premises liability accident attorney will get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Examples of premises liability accidents include:
- Slip and falls; trip and falls
- Inadequate security on property (assaults; rapes; murders);
- Restaurants and bars allowing drunk customers to drive cars (dram shop claim)
- Assaults and Fights at bars
- Scaffolding and roof falls
- Dog Bites
- Work and Construction site falls from lack of fall protection
- Falling debris from construction sites
- Defective staircases and railing
- Defective elevators and escalators
- Drowning in unguarded pools
- Falling merchandize
- Falls into unguarded holes
If you are injured in a premises liability accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the following: medical bills, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, and impairment.
The premises liability attorneys at the Kipness Law Firm represent individuals and families that have sustained the following types of personal injuries in a premises liability accident.
- Traumatic Brain injury (TBI) and Concussion or Head Injury
- Spinal Cord injury (SCI)
- Paralysis and Speech Loss
- Quadriplegia and Paraplegia
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Amputations and Loss of Limbs
- Seizures, Numbness and Loss of Consciousness
- Burns and Electrocutions
- Back injury (herniated discs or vertebrae fractures)
- Knee injury (torn meniscus or patella fractures)
- Shoulder injury (rotator cuff)
- Ankle injury
- Vision Loss, Blindness, or Eye Injury
- Broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and other emotional injuries
If a loved one or relative dies because of premises liability accident compensation may be given for: funeral expenses, medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, loss of emotional support and companionship provided by spouse or parent; and loss of household duties provided by spouse or parent.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles premises liability cases throughout the State of Texas. If you have personal injuries or lost a family member due to wrongful death in a premises liability matter, please call Dallas Premises Liability Accident Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.