DALLAS TEXAS BRAIN INJURY ATTORNEYS / LAWYERS
1.4 million people sustain traumatic brain injuries (TBI) per year in the U.S. Of this amount, 50,000 die; 235,000 are hospitalized; and over a million people are treated at emergency departments for brain injuries. The most common causes of traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are: (1) falls; (2) motor vehicle accidents, (3) assaults; and (4) being struck by some object. Conditions such as concussions and head injuries can cause brain injuries. Symptoms can include loss of speech, numbness in limbs, paralysis, headaches, and seizures.
Traumatic Brain injuries (TBI) can occur without a skull fracture or skull bleeding. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can be subtle and sometimes can be missed even by the best healthcare providers. Traumatic Brain injuries (TBI) can occur from concussions or shaken baby syndrome. Treatment for traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and necessary rehabilitation can be expensive and take a long time.
People who sustain traumatic brain injuries (TBI) may need help with: improving memory and problem solving skills, managing stress and frustration, learning to control temper, and improving ones job skills. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can cause changes in the ability to think, remember, learning, emotions, behavior, and/or sensation. These conditions can prevent a person from working.
To get most value from your traumatic brain injury (TBI) claim, we recommend you the do the following:
- Call the police if involved in an accident;
- Get the names, addresses, and phone number of all witnesses to your accident;
- If injured at work, immediately report the work accident and report it to OSHA (972) 850-4145;
- Take pictures of your injuries and accident scene;
- If injured, do not delay getting medical treatment and follow doctors orders;
- Document your pain, stress, swelling, and other injuries that cannot be seen
- Do not give a recorded statement before talking to a brain injury attorney;
- Do not sign a medical records authorization or any paper before talking to a brain injury attorney; and
- Do not accept a settlement before talking to a brain injury attorney
Hiring a Dallas, Texas brain injury attorney quickly after your could be beneficial to your case. One, hiring a brain attorney will relieve your stress in addressing your injuries and dealing with insurance companies. Two, the brain injury attorney will examine your case and gather necessary evidence, such as witnesses, medical records, and photographs. Three, the brain injury attorney can protect your best interest by advising you and communicating with the insurance companies on your behalf. Four, a brain injury attorney will get you the compensation and future medical care you deserve for your injuries.
Brain injuries can occur from involvement in the following:
- Auto & Car Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Birth Injury
- Falls & Electrocutions
- Child Abuse, Neglect & Injury
- Railroad Accidents
- Construction & Work Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Dangerous Products
- Bicycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Drunk Driver Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Sports Injuries
- Drowning or suffocation
- Airplane & Helicopter Accidents
- Boat, Diving, Watercraft Accidents
- Assaults and Bar Fights
- Refinery Explosions
- Oilfield and Oilrig Accidents
- On-the-Job Accidents
- Dangerous Premises
- Bus Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Dump trucks, delivery trucks, garbage trucks
- 18 wheeler trucks
- Semi-trucks and cement trucks
If you sustained a brain injury, you may be entitled to compensation for the following: medical bills, future medical care, lost wages, future loss of earning capacity, pain, mental anguish, disfigurement, and impairment.
Our firm is based in Dallas, Texas and handles brain injury cases throughout the State of Texas. If you or a loved one has sustained a brain injury, please call Dallas Brain Injury Attorneys and Lawyers at The Kipness Law Firm. Call 214-800-3454.